Thursday, March 02, 2006

SD Eats


For some reason, I feel compelled to list (at least some of) my favorite San Diego restaurants. (I say "some" because I know I can't recall all of them at once.) Here goes:

* Submarina -- THE best submarine sandwiches around! The original is here in Poway.
* Round Table -- Not exclusive to San Diego, but still one of my favorite pizza joints.
* Filippi's Pizza Grotto -- Completely different kind of pizza than Round Table, but yummy nonetheless.
* Souplantation (known as Sweet Tomatoes in the Bay Area) -- I believe they have locations across the country. Good thing, because their soup & salad buffet is one-of-a-kind! Everything's very fresh and tasty. I love their clam chowder.
* The Cheesecake Factory -- Again, not exclusive to SD, but one of my all-time faves. EVERYTHING there is excellent, from the appetizers (especially the potstickers -- the sauce they're in is to-die-for) to the main dishes to the desserts (especially the -- you guessed it -- cheesecake!).
* A Delight of France Bakery & Bistro -- We went here with Stephen's boss and some co-workers. Located in Escondido, it is out of this world!
* Rockin' Baja Lobster -- A fun atmosphere with yummy Mexican-style seafood.
* Katsu Seafood & Steak House -- Stephen & I never get tired of this place. Located in San Marcos'
Old California Restaurant Row, it's probably the best Japanese around!

No comments: