Emily's preschool class went on their first field trip last month, and it was to a local pumpkin patch.I wish I could say we had a good time, but we sorta didn't. It was pretty warm out, and since the patch is next to Lake Hodges, there were lots of gnats flying around at all times, which was kinda nasty.
It was fun going on a hayride, though, and picking out a pumpkin. Actually, the pumpkin-picking was a bit on the painful side since a certain little someone insisted on finding the tiniest pumpkin in the entire patch. ;-)
As I said, we went on a hayride... we also walked through a maze and learned all about pumpkins and gourds. It was a bit challenging for me to navigate through the patch with Emily and Leah by myself. (Normally Grandma would come to help out, but she and Grandpa were out of town.) It was fine, though. Thank goodness for the Bjorn, 'cause Leah doesn't take too kindly to strollers!
Mrs. Martin says that next year's fall field trip will be more exciting. (I guess the four-year-olds get to do bigger and better things.) The place we went to this time was nice, but I do hope next year's place will be without bugs. It's no fun constantly having to shoo them from your face, hair and mouth. Nope. No fun at all.But this all makes up for it!



[Click the small pictures to enlarge.]
[Click here to see the rest of the pumpkin patch field trip photos.]
No comments:
Post a Comment